Playing video games is the best source of entertainment for every one of us. No matter how hectic your day was, no matter how tired you are, once you start playing these games, you get relief from all your tiredness, and your mood gets back to the track quickly.
In today’s gaming world, there are the variety of gaming genres available to play on your PC, Mac, Xbox, and Xbox One and PlayStation series of gaming consoles.
In our today’s list of most played video games, you will find best of games on genres like MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online Games), FPS (First Person Shooter Games), MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena), MOBR (Multiplayer Online Battle Royale), MORP (Multiplayer Online Role Playing), Sandbox Games, Free To Play and combination of two genres like MOFPS (Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Games)
So let us describe the most played video games of the year 2017-18, and their ratings in our list below with the short game introduction.
Most Played Video Games of 2018
- League of Legends: This is a multiplayer online battle arena game introduced by Riot Games. With over 30 Million of daily gamers, this game ranked top on our list. Since this is a multiplayer battle game, you need to battle against the opponent team and destroy their nexus to win the battle.
You can even play against the AI Computer (Artificial Intelligence) as your opponent in a league of legends. League of legend is the most played PC/Console game in 2017.
- Minecraft: Minecraft is Sandbox game created by a Swedish designer Markus persson, Later on, Mojang has developed and published this game under their goodwill. The game is based on creativity and building in-game environment through various cubes available to do so.
By the end of January 2018, 140 plus million copies of this game was sold for all the gaming platforms around the world. This makes Minecraft second most played game on our list.
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft: This is an FTP online card collectible video game created by Blizzard Entertainment. The game was released in March 2014 for Windows & MacOS, later on, it was also released for iOS & Android smartphones in 2014.
The game is available in both single-player and multiplayer mode of gameplay. Since this is a card collectible turn-based game, each player has its hero to play against opponent’s hero. Heroes use their powers to attack enemy heroes using mana crystals.
Winning the game gives you various rewards like Gold, Powerful cards and numerous other in-game prizes.
As per Blizzards report of May 2017, they have over 70 million game players playing it regularly.
- Counter Strike: Global Offensive: This game is a Multiplayer FPS developed with the joint venture of Valve Corporation & Hidden Path Entertainment. Global Offensive is the fourth game from Counter Strike Series.
As we all know, the game has team-based combat gameplay between terrorist and the anti-terrorist squad. The terrorists are tasked to either defend hostages from being released or plant a bomb to explode. However, the anti-terrorist squad is tasked vice versa of the terrorists.
As of today, Global Offensive has total of 40 million plus owners worldwide playing the game regularly.
- Overwatch: Blizzard Entertainment has made another spot in our most played games list. Overwatch is yet another game released by this developer in May 2016 for PC, Xbox One, and PS4.
Since it’s a multiplayer first-person shooter game, you are allotted with a hero in a team of six heroes. Your opponent team also has a six enemy heroes to battle with your team.
Your team’s role is to secure and defend your in-game landscape and surroundings from the enemies and set up a strong offensive defense to respond to the enemy team. The winning team gets various rewards like gears and costumes for your heroes.
The game succeeded in gaining over 35 million active users in just one year of its launch. That’s why Overwatch is taking 5th place in our list of most played video games of 2017.
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege: Ubisoft Montreal introduced this game in 2015. It is eleventh game in the series of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six. This is a tactical shooter game just like counter strike or call of duty. Players can play in multiplayer as well as solo gameplay in this game.
The title of this game series seems no connection with the game content, but overall gameplay and set of small missions make it easy to handle and understand the in-game situation for even a newcomer gamer in this game series.
By the end of 2017, this game has managed to collect over 25 million of active users worldwide.
- PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS: This multiplayer battle game created by PUBG Corporation from Bluehole. The game is a combination of 2 aspects which are picked up from 2 various stories. One is from 2000’s movie called “Battle Royale” and second is from previous video game from Brendan called “Players Unknown.”
The gameplay is a unique concept of stay yourself alive by killing your enemies. It’s a multiplayer fighting game where 100 of players can play this at a time. All of them are parachuted to an island where various types of weapons are kept in hidden; you have to find the weapons and kill your opponent. The one who survives on the island will win the game.
Another movie called “The Condemned” has the same story which was released in April 2007, Stone Cold Steve Austin was in a lead role in this film, and this could be another one reference to understand the gameplay of this game.
The Beta of the game was introduced in March 2017, and it was released worldwide in December 2017. The end of 2017 has sold over 24 Million copies of this game.
- World of Warcraft: World of Warcraft a game once again from Blizzard Entertainment was released back in 2004 is an MMORPG game. It was the 4th game release in Warcraft Fantasy Universe. By the last report from Blizzard in 2015, at that time, five and a half million were confirmed subscribers are playing this game. However, the fresh reports are yet to come from Blizzard.
Just like other MMORPG’s you get a character in the game which explores the in-game surroundings, completing quests to earn the rewards, fighting with scary monsters and cooperate with in-game characters.
- Fortnite: Fortnite is another Sandbox Survival game came in collaboration with Epic Games & People Can Fly. The fortnite’s free to play version is yet to come it 2018, but you can still play this game’s paid version as its early access is available since July 2017.
You can expect this game as a mixture or combination of “Minecraft & Left 4 Dead Games”, One day a storm has vanished 98% people from earth and zombie-like creatures trapped leftover. People tend to help each other’s and completing in-game tasks is all that Fortnite game is.
By the end of August 2017, over one million players have been confirmed by epic for this game, and it’s free to play version will definitely go for up to ten million players smoothly.
- World of Tanks: World of Tanks game is the multiplayer online game developed by Wargaming Minsk. Focused on the Era of Mid-20th Century. It is played as a freemium gaming model where players can play this game for free but need to purchase in-game resources from the developers to continue playing it with full features.
This game was partly released countrywide from 2010-2016 on various platforms in various countries.
As of 2018, 1 million worldwide players were recorded for this game by Wargaming Minsk.
If you are a PC or Console gamer, then this is the golden opportunity for you to play these fantastic popular games of 2018 (if you haven’t yet) isn’t it?
So go ahead and have meaningful gaming for 2018. If you do not agree with our list or if we missed mentioning any deserve-able, then please refer the same in your reply below and let us know your thoughts on our most played best video games of 2018.
Also, if you liked this list, then do share it with your friends to let them know which game to play on PC or consoles.